With a career spanning more than three decades and significant experience working on large-scale, complex litigation, Todd brings a strong background in a wide variety of commercial litigation with a particular focus on business, real estate and eminent domain matters. Todd has litigated before judges, juries, and commissions in federal and state courts around the country, and has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in court and in arbitration. He has represented individuals, families, small companies, big companies, special districts, municipalities, and some of the largest corporations in the world.
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Assembled and led a team of more than 100 attorneys and paralegals defending hundreds of pending product liability actions in four states.
- Assisted multiple pipeline and power line companies in securing necessary property interests through eminent domain.
- Served as the primary attorney in a $50 million condemnation action in the Lake Tahoe Basin involving more than 40 expert witnesses.
- Acted as principal litigation counsel for two major oil companies handling underground storage tank contamination cases in 14 states, including several bench and jury trials.
- Defended two substantial class action matters each involving hundreds of millions of dollars at risk.
- Prosecuted a pro bono class action against the State of Colorado that led to significant improvements in the education resources provided to incarcerated juveniles.
- Successfully litigated a $1 billion government contracts bid protest matter involving multiple proceedings before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Secured an injunction prohibiting the State of Colorado from awarding a $120 million state contract.
- University of Colorado – J.D.
- University of Washington – B.A., Economics